Encourage, support, and promote the arts for the benefit and education of the communities of the Lower Rio Grande Valley.
Guiding Principals Governing our Choices and Actions
- Communities deserve the opportunity to participate in and enjoy the arts in all their forms.
- Visual artists, literary artists, and performing artists are part of a community of artists who should work together to support and advance their arts.
- Art brings people together to celebrate beauty, to make and create meaning, and to honor their shared past and present cultural heritage.
- Art education supports successful student learning.
- Art provides a life-long way for individuals to express their creativity, sense of beauty, emotions, and insights.
- A thriving arts culture helps to build community.
- A thriving arts culture provides economic benefits to the communities in which it exists.
- Goal Statement #1: Organizational Development: Become a respected, recognized arts organization.
- Goal Statement #2: Education: Promote understanding and appreciation of the arts.
- Goal Statement #3: Promotion: Develop a climate that supports arts production and a center to showcase the arts.
- Goal Statement #4: Communication Resource: Serve as a communication link for the arts.
- Goal Statement #5: Advocacy: Serve as an advocacy group for the arts in the Lower Rio Grande Valley.